12 East Linden Ave.
Miamisburg, OH 45342
“Not your average spots restaurant,” TJ Chumps is a family-friendly sports bar concept serving the Dayton area with four locations in its suburbs. Each location features a wide interior friendly to families and groups, with plenty of TVs for sports of all kinds, as well as a large patio for summer months. It’s a spot with Americana favorites; burgers, sandwiches, fried comfort foods and plenty of brews to be tried. The prices are good, and if what you’re up for is a good time with friends, this place will be worth the trip.
The menu is the standard pub grub, with each dish getting an in-house twist to make it interesting. Everything is heavy and filling. Among good things to try:
- Classic hamburger: A half-pound burger with the classics: Lettuce, tomato, mayo, onion and pickle. It’s grilled to order and that nice sear on the outside leaves the burger juicy every time. Cooked to order, and generally the burger matches what you ask for.
- Pulled sirloin sandwich: A heavy sandwich filled with tri-tip beef cuts and served up with an au jus, along with sauteed mushrooms, mozzarella and garlic. All the good flavors that make a nice heavy, meaty sandwich. This one comes with chips on the side, but it doesn’t matter what you eat with it, the huge helping of steak in this sandwich will fill you up.
- Creamy tomato: While it’s termed a soup, the tomato option is thick and creamy like a bisque. It’s available as a soup of the day for certain days of the week. Top it with some cheese and crispy tortilla strings and you have a good dish.
- Tossed salad: Topped with diced cucumbers, tomatoes, grated cheddar cheese, croutons and real bacon bits, as well a choice of dressing. The house vinaigrette is a very pleasant pick.
The restaurants feature wide-open interiors where sports of all kinds are on show. The lively interiors of the bars are friendly to big groups and families, and the staff are very friendly and welcoming. Price points are good, and the restaurant doesn’t suffer from the generic curse that so often defines local sports bars. This one is fun, and in each place that it is located, its been popular for lunch as well as a night spot.
It’s a familiar spot for Dayton suburbanites, and this one is a good option if you want to bring a group or a family, and is friendly with its vibrant interior and hearty eats. Not a bad choice.
- Ample patios make this a great place to visit in summer months. It caters to the suburban crowd around Dayton, Ohio.
- The restaurant features several promos and it also lets you order your meal online with ease.
- TJ Chumps also caters.