830 Bethel Road,
Columbus, OH 43214
A Columbus concept with a simple love of Midwestern grub for “solid two-fisted eating,” Johnny Buccelli’s is a deli and sandwich operation along Bethel Road that offers a wide menu of subs, paninis, burgers, and soup/salad combos, the shop has plenty of options for a friendly kind of sandwich place. Columbus has many great options, this one has a faithful following.
The menu has a lot of great high points. Among them:
- Johnny’s Club: This sub features ample cuts of with turkey, smoked ham and bacon piled high on the bread. The club sandwich is very filling and topped with plenty of cold cuts, but overall it’s well worth the love.
- Fresh Mozzarella Sub: this sub is a vegetarian option, with the main attraction being hefty cuts of fresh Mozzarella cheese with, tomato, basil and a balsamic dressing on top. The Florentine combination makes the sub very fresh, but I would recommend eating asap, it doesn’t go as well if you take it home!
- Spiral chips: These potato chips are a classic option for the sandwich shop, thin cut and crispy and served with Johnny B’s Homemade Chip Dip, which is sweet and a horseradish-based alternative that, really, goes well on just about anything. A bit greasy when fresh but still good.
- Pasta salad: The salad is heavy on a nice white vinaigrette which makes it a good cold option, heavy on that bit of a bitter taste. Still excellent.
The shop also caters for large groups, which seems to be especially popular with large corporate operations. This makes sense in Columbus, a place where little sandwich places like this one really do have a following in their immediate neighborhoods, plenty of delis have something to offer and this one does too, an experience that is really unique.
With an Italian-inspired menu and plenty of great food to go around, Johnny Buccelli’s offers a great sandwich, and it’s worth a stop-in.
- The sub menu is huge, and there are plenty of sandwiches to give a first try. But whatever you do, try some of those spiral chips and the homemade dip.
- The deli caters for large events, and there are ways to try a few different great dishes this way.
- There are some creative veggie options for the more picky eater.