59 Spruce St.
Columbus, OH 43215
websiteWhile it was founded in 2012 by Lisa and Vincente Gutierrez, Dos Hermanos is best known as a food truck that makes its rounds all over Central Ohio for parties and special events, but a brick-and-mortar location opened in the North Market as well, this one offering a mixture largely of tacos and meats on the grill. I think of this spot as a downtown favorite whose reputation has spread as its truck has roamed further and further out. not bad at all.
The menu here is most importantly about the tacos, they’re customizable and served street-wise, with a little salsa on the side but mostly to be munched while walking or sitting at a stand. Things to try:
- Carne Asada: This cut of beef is sliced and served in tacos again with a keen taste for the peppery. This one is best in a taco because the meat is kind of mild by itself and the other ingredients speak well together.
- Barbacoa: This pork creation is specially created with a strong and lasting set of spices, and I find it stand strongly whether it’s in a taco or a taco bowl. Though a little of it goes a long way, this meat is best with a sturdy salsa.
- Salsa: The mix of salsas include a mild, chunky version that has an almost sweet and fruity texture and the warmer, and indeed hot salsas really knock it out with an assertive heat.
Dos Hermanos is casual, and a definite plus for the city. Good taco trucks don’t need a ton of style or flair, instead what really matters is how the food is made and how it’s presented. I feel the execution is there, and it’s pretty consistent too. The prices are reasonable and the convenience factor really says something. Price points are similarly reasonable, and I think that competes well against many of the more forgettable taco stands citywide.
The popularity this little business has speaks for itself. It’s a worthwhile stop in Columbus’ extensive dining scene.
- The North Market location has a “Taco Tuesday” special with discount tacos which is a nice chance to try something new.
- The food truck itself frequents many breweries and events. It’s got a calendar online that lets you see when and where to go.
- Taco bowls and quesadillas on this menu are awesome too, if you want something heartier than tacos.
One thought on “Dos Hermanos Taco Truck”
Come back to us!