20033 Detroit Rd.
Rocky River, OH 44116
Kelsey Elizabeth opened up her bakery in Northeast Ohio in 2012 and later expanded it to a second location, with both having achieved a lot of local popularity and interest. It’s all about cakes, cupcakes and macaroons but there are plenty of other things to try, too. While the shop’s talent lies in variety, you want to try a few different iterations of each dessert, because each is wonderful.
A few things that I really liked:
- Andes Mint Cupcake: Chocolate cake filled with Andes mint pieces, topped with chocolate and mint buttercreams and an Andes mint piece. The thickness of the cake is what really works here, because it’s packed with flavor that complements the candy but doesn’t have too much heft.
- Muddy Buddies Cupcake: A chocolate cake topped with a chocolate frosting with dustings of powered sugar and topped with a chocolate-dipped chex piece. In this case icing was just thick enough but not too sweet and has that wonderful smooth texture.
- Macaroons: Lots of different flavors. I like the simplicity of the sweet vanilla in the birthday cake, as well as the smoothness of the chocolate. Mocha was good for the sweet coffee flavor. A seasonal take, I also liked the pumpkin.
- Rice Krispies Treat: This giant treat is made Neapolitan style, chocolate, vanilla and strawberry layers with chocolate drizzle on top and lots of sprinkles.
The variety of great goodies is packaged ornamentally with a delicate plastic wrap around the rice krispies and the macaroons served in a nice little pink box. And the price points are very good on all of the desserts you can find here. The collection of seasonal things here ensures plenty of replay value.
The attention to detail and the nice little bits that show how much care was put into the shop speaks volumes. I like it and I think it’s going to only see its appeal and popularity grow. This one is worth a visit from out of town.
- There’s always a wide variety of flavors available to mix and match, best to take as a gift.
- A few seasonal takes, too.
- Consider coming back for some of the seasonal cupcakes and macaroons.