479 North High Street
Columbus OH 43215
Launched out of Fort Worth Texas in 2003, Fuzzy’s Taco Shop has since exploded and opened a series of new locations in big cities and hard shopping centers across the country. The concept thrives in places where bar scenes thrive, typically offering customizable tacos and Tex-Mex dishes, usually to go and usually open late. The prices are pretty reasonable and they’re definitely not bad as far as food goes, there were definitely depends on what you’re in the mood for. Some of the food comes out a bit salty, but it’s quick and convenient and that’s mainly the point.
The menu is the classic Tex-Mex food but served up quickly and made to order. Some of the things that I like:
- Shredded Chicken taco: Shredded chicken topped with garlic sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese, cilantro, and feta. This one is pretty straightforward as tacos go, but I don’t mind it.
- Special Ground Beef taco: Ground beef served with garlic sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese, cilantro, and feta. Another more straightforward dish which I like quite a bit. Some seasoning is needed though, and I think the beef is a bit salty.
- Taco salad: The taco salads are highly customizable, and the main point is usually to let you get a bunch of food but without too much unhealthy and calorie-heavy stuff. A rice base with beans and plenty of veggies, cheese, a thick salsa, a scoop of guacamole, cheese and meat of your choice. Sounds like a lot of food, right? It certainly is. That said, it’s a really kind of salty dish.
The restaurant is a fast casual concept, so you head in get in line and grab your food, and there’s not a ton of interaction with the staff beyond that. From two cities, though, the people were universally pretty good.
Convenience is king here for sure, and Fuzzy’s tends to put itself in places where it’s not necessarily going to be your primary destination for the night. But even if it is, that’s just fine. This restaurant isn’t bad but could use something the make it rise above all of the other kinds of restaurants and bars that to local Mexican food well.
- The restaurant has a huge menu of traditional Tex Mex dishes and those are the best thing about it. While I like the the variety, some of those things are just better in your typical Tex Mex shop.
- People often take this food to go and it’s more convenient than your average shop with this kind of food.
- I like the tacos, though a lot of things are a bit salty.