1520 Washington Ave.
Miami Beach, FL 33139
Bubble tea shops are increasingly common in the U.S., especially in places that draw an international crowd. Miami Beach has one very attractive option in the form of Miu’s Tea, along the main Washington Avenue stretch a few blocks from the beach. Highly customizable teas you can take and walk. There’s a market for something sweet when you’re on the beach and watching the calories. For a quick drink without a lot of hassle, you’ll find a lot of really pleasant variety here.
Just about all the drinks you might like can be customized — adjust sweetness to your liking, add tapioca pearls if you like them, and pick out the exact kind of beverage. Some good options:
- Miu’s Milk Tea: The classic favorite, a sweet, cold drink best enjoyed with tapioca pearls. The sweetness should be adjusted to taste, but it’s pretty good without a lot of flavor.
- Chocolate Milk Tea: Similar to the original, but with chocolate, and doesn’t come with a ton of sweetness in and of itself. I felt that 50 percent sweetness was plenty. But you might be feeling something sweeter.
- Oolong Latte: While it doesn’t have the froth of a latte as you might think it, all the flavor of the traditional hot drink are here, and without the heat. Probably just fine without tapioca pearls.
- Taro Milk: A sweeter drink, a bit simpler in flavor but still good. This, too, doesn’t need a lot of sweetness.
- Mango Matcha: A bright, friendly drink, this one is lighter than it sounds, and really does make something nice to sip on while you’re walking the many nice shops nearby. Again, the level of sweetness you pick really won’t diminish the drink.
The folks here are pretty nice, each drink is made to order and, true to the typical bubble tea operation, each tea is sealed and delivered directly. You can sit and enjoy the space if you like; many people do, but most tend to take drinks and go. With the Lincoln shopping area so close by, and the beach a few blocks away, there are plenty of things to walk to, so it makes sense to have such a convenient place.
It’s nice to have the option of bubble tea when you’re on the beach and don’t want to gorge yourself on sugary treats.
- The sweetness can be adjusted to your liking. I’d say a 100 percent sweet option is best if you have a serious sweet tooth. Something a bit more comfortable, I would say, would be a 50 percent. Only do 25 if you are not a sweet drinker at all.
- There is some food here, too, if you want something more solid.
- Tapioca pearls are an option with just about everything on the menu. Go for it if you like them!