731 Lincoln Rd.
Miami Beach, FL 33139
When you’re on Miami Beach, one of the better restaurant hubs for people watching has to be the Lincoln Road Mall. A hub for shopping, dining and all things luxury, you’ll find more than a few good happy hour deals around here if you know where to look. One of the better choices? Spris, little more than a giant pizza oven with a patio, offers inexpensive Italian-style thin crust pizzas and a very memorable people-watching charm.
The real charm to the food here, that thin-crust pizza, is the thing you’ll want to try on the menu. There’s a catch! A happy hour special to make it worth your while. From 5:30 to 7 p.m., three of the basic pizzas are priced the same as the time. Order a pizza right at the start and you’ll pay $5.30 a pie. And it goes up with the clock to $7. A nice deal, considering these pies otherwise run in the $9.50 to $10.50 range. Take advantage of these things; food can be expensive in Miami.
- Pizza Margherita: The classic favorite, a simple pie with tomato sauce and mozzarella and (one big leaf of) basil on top. Sort of wish there was a bit more on the basil end, it may look nice but otherwise it’s basically just a cheese pizza and loses some of the charm.
- Pizza Genovese: Tomato sauce, mozzarella, whole black olives, pesto and garlic. This one’s got a bit more character. You’ve really got to like black olives though, they carry the flavor of the pie.
The service here is pretty pleasant, since you’re seated along the main boulevard you’re going to find a lot of people coming and going and that makes for a nice experience. This eatery is a nice place to enjoy some of the wonderful Miami weather, and if you’re thinking ahead you won’t pay too much. Food comes fast, the pizza is pretty good and all told this makes for a restaurant worth trying.
The Lincoln Road Mall is a place you’ll really want to see on Miami Beach. Here you have a place to watch it from.
- Happy Hour up-side: $5.30 pizzas are great if you come at the right time, though the options are limited and you’ve got to plan to be there at the right time.
- Happy Hour down-side: There’s no cocktail menu here and none of the beers or wines have any discounts. A few other restaurants nearby have drinks and apps at cheaper, though, if you’re wanting that.
- While many restaurants in Miami automatically include gratuity, this one does not.