102 Glen Oak Blvd. Suite 210
Hendersonville, TN 37075
Stuffed into the corner of a strip mall north of Nashville, this Greek-inspired diner is a small, but very homey place to eat. Staged like an old-fashioned eatery of southern America, you’ll walk in to classic songs on the jukebox and a “how y’all doin?” from the very friendly waitresses. In spite of these, this restaurant is anything but dated. It’s in fact a place where creative kinds of dishes are made and Greek cuisine is the norm.
Things to try:
- Greek Burger: A combination of burger and gyro: this burger is topped with lamb meat, tomatoes, onions, and feta cheese. Beef and lamb makes for an odd combination, but it’s a pretty great one! Definitely worth a mention that it’s juicy and seasoned.
- Souvlaki: This grilled chicken on a skewer is very tasty with its seasoning. It’s pretty good for the juicy chicken, but depending on the sides, it all might come out a bit dry.
- Spanokopita: This is a distinctly Greek dish with a little bit of a rarity in these parts. They’re flaky phyllo dough pastries stuffed with spinach and a bit of cheese. They really hold up when you have them with something with veggies or with something that gives a counter-balance to that thick and flaky dough.
- Chicken Mama Mia: A grilled chicken patty topped with spices, spinach and mozzarella cheese. It’s a simpler thing to try on this menu, but it’s pretty good! The chicken and spinach and cheese combine pretty will for a good dish.
- There is all-day breakfast here — some of those dishes being Greek inspired — if you like those kinds of things.
- What really makes this spot interesting is how many things on the plate here that have a Greek inspiration. A burger that’s also a gyro. Greek pancakes. Grilled chicken dishes.
- The price points are pretty easy and the food comes quickly. This is a cafe that has a bit of a easygoing vibe.