3443 Edwards Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45208
websiteA sit-down sushi restaurant that was founded in West Chester, Dancing Roll recently added a second location in Hyde Park on Cincinnati’s East Side, with a menu that has broadened with the interest in Japanese and Korean food that has increased in the Midwest recently. This spot is best known and liked for its half-price sushi nights and its whole plates of great Korean specialties, which are otherwise not easy to find in a lot of other places in Cincinnati. This spot is one to remember.
The menu has a nice mix of dishes from both nations. Odds are, though, that you’ll come here first for the sushi. Some of the things to try:
- Spicy Shrimp Tempura Roll: One of the special rolls, this one is filled with tempura shrimp, Cream cheese & Asparagus, then on top of the roll, it is topped with spicy crab, eel sauce and spicy mayo. Awesome. Very tasty.
- Rainbow Roll: A mixture of tuna, salmon, white tuna and red snapper on a California roll. The inside of the sushi is pretty simple but what’s so good about it is that every roll is different. Great if you like those nice fish cuts. Bad if raw fish isn’t your thing.
- AAC Roll: This sushi roll is rolled with with avocado, asparagus, cucumber. It’s a simple option, and less expensive. Great to sample between other, bigger roles.
- Yum Yum Roll: Spicy crab stick, cucumber make up this less expensive roll, which is great for people who might not like seafood or be accustomed to raw fish.
- Agedashi tofu: This is a Japanese dish that makes for a good appetizer. Soft blocks of tofu lightly fried and then served in a sweet sauce.
- Edamame: The wonderful, classic edamame dish features seasoned beans which you unwrap and enjoy in one move. Good to start a sushi dinner.
The restaurant is a very nice sit-down place, while it’s smaller it’s still very comfortable. When you make a point to go during half-price sushi night, you will also find that dining at this place is actually pretty inexpensive. It’s a perfect place to go and grab a few rolls of sushi and sharing them with someone — a date, maybe! — but it’s a great place.
I like Dancing Roll. It’s a quaint neighborhood sushi place, not over-priced and pretty comfortable. Cincinnatians are well-served by a place like this.
- Half-price sushi night is going to be the time you’ll want to pay the spot a visit. Make a point to visit then.
- There are also a ton of great Korean dishes here too! If that’s your style.
- Make a point to try some of the appetizers while you can, miso soup is free but the others are good too.