4453 Walnut Street
Beavercreek, OH 45440
locationsWith about three dozen locations, most centered in the southern United States, Yogurt Mountain is a chain of self-serve frozen yogurt bars most often found in book stores and strip malls around the country. Each location offers about a dozen kinds of frozen yogurt at a time, many of which rotate from season to season, as well as a ton of toppings to fill them up. While the lime green and purple decor mean the spot sits well with a younger age group, the flavors of the yogurt itself range in quality.
The exact flavors change pretty frequently, and you should expect to see a lot of variety depending on the time of the year. Some good spots:
- Toasted Coconut: This year-round flavor is one of my favorites! The coconut flavor is strong and it’s just a little bit of toasty flavor at the end.
- Yellow Cake Batter: A favorite of mine because this one can be paired with just about everything. The cake batter is sweet and any kind of fruit would do really well in this one.
- Cookies & Cream: A classic flavor of course, the cookies and cream lacks the crunchy texture of typical ice cream, but the toppings will fix that.
- Eggnog: This flavor is seasonal and it’s intense! That eggnog makes for a thicker, and certainly heavier flavor. It’s one I would suggest be best on its own.
- Blueberry Tart: This one lives up to the tart name; the blueberry favor isn’t as strong. I recommend you pair this one with the vanilla or one of the classic flavors.
There are a ton of toppings on the menu from cookies to candy and nuts. Dozens, in fact, and it seems that just about every flavor has a topping that goes well with it. Each location also has about ten flavors at a time, and they are paired up in order to mix well, and the options here are pretty good matches for each other. What’s also nice; the spot has big dividers for the ice creams so you can get a few that don’t go together.
The self serve experience makes this a simple place to go. It’s a little pricier than the average yogurt shop, and the flavors are all pretty good. As a self-serve frozen yogurt shop goes, this one offers a pretty easy experience. Locating it near places where people want to walk a lot is also a pretty good decision. All in all, not a bad time.
- There are a lot of seasonal flavors, so there are plenty of reasons to come back each month.
- There is a “YOMO Club” for frequent visitors, which also offers a nice birthday gift for you when you visit.
- Don’t forget the dozens of toppings that can be added to your yogurt.