Beavercreek Pizza Dive
4021 Dayton Xenia Rd.
Beavercreek, OH 45432
A lot of little neighborhood restaurants thrive in the suburbs of Dayton, Ohio, and so it is with Beavercreek Pizza Dive. While it’s a little off the typical beaten path, the spot has an allure in the eastern parts of the city with its simple interior and comfort pizza recipes. But don’t let its place under the radar fool you; this spot has a lot of great things to offer. Delivery, dine-in or carry-out, there are plenty of pizza options to satisfy more than a few cravings, and at a very economical price.
The menu has sandwiches and calzones, but let’s be honest, the real delicious experience here can be had with pizza. Pizzas come in 8, 12, 16 and 18 inch varieties. And you can get half-and-half pies of the “signature pizzas,” provided each has the same base sauce, of which there are a few including Alfredo, garlic, and cheese. My favorites:
- Buffalo Chicken: An Alfredo sauce base is then built with chicken, red onions, banana peppers and then topped with a buffalo sauce. The nice thing is that, though the sauce and peppers are mild, this pizza has a very gradual, warm heat to it. You can then smother that heat in a little bit of sauce that really makes it great.
- Greek: The sauce base here is olive oil and fresh garlic, and then it is topped with spinach, olives, banana peppers, onions, raisins, and feta cheese, and then topped with some spices. Again a base heat is there but not too substantially. It’s instead got a very herbal flavor, though I preferred it without the black olives, as they have a tendency to overtake the rest of the flavor.
- Supreme: Five classic toppings: pepperoni, sausage, onion, mushroom and green pepper. The sausage is sweet and it’s perfect, the veggies are still crisp.
- Cheese: Classic cheese and a thin crust. Perfect for a light meal or to go with one of the heavier pies.
The restaurant concept is about as simple as it comes; simple tables and a porch for people to come and enjoy a good pizza. Really, the Beavercreek Pizza Dive makes things about as simple as they can be; it’s a neighborhood spot with a laid-back atmosphere and where families can gather, enjoy some pizza, and get to know one another. But the kinds of pies that it produces can’t be found in a lot of other places like this around town.
All in all, it’s a pleasant place, not straining for attention but bringing something really unique to the Dayton suburbs.
- The pies here come in huge sizes for pretty reasonable prices; so it’s an easy spot to get something for a group of people to enjoy.
- There are dine-in areas and a porch, but both are pretty cramped, so I would recommend using the take-out option.
- The options for signature pizzas are great. I would add that you can get two signature pizzas on one pie — provided the sauce is the same on them.