2614 Lebanon Pike
Nashville, TN 37214
A local Nashville chain with a pretty simple focus, Sicilian Pizza and Pasta is a neighborhood Italian food joint with a niche in the take-out pizza and sandwiches world. Keyed into the suburbs here with several locations and price points focused on convenience, Sicilian Pizza & Pasta serves up calzones, stromboli, sandwiches, and heaping tons of spaghetti, manicotti, ziti and more. But it’s the pizzas that will most likely bring people back to this spot.
The pizza menu focuses on about two dozen “specialty gourmet” pizzas with pre-set ingredients, and a build-your-own alternative to pick from dozens more ingredients. Here are some of the better pies I tried:
- Hawaiian Pizza: Topped with ham and pineapple. The pineapple is certainly canned, but at the same time, it’s chopped finely enough that it permeates the entire pizza; there is pineapple in every bite, and it makes for a tasty pie.
- Onion and pepperoni pizza: Order onions on a pizza, and you’ll find them liberally topped on the pie. A fantastic choice to feed a group, though even as mild as they are, those red onions can take over the other toppings on the pie.
- Philly cheese steak pizza: thin-sliced steak with mushroom, onion and green peppers. It’s simple and it’s heavy on the mushrooms. But this pizza does not disappoint. I think it could use some more green peppers, and maybe some extra cheese to knock it out of the park, but still a great pie.
This pizza chain is built for convenience; there are options to order online and via a mobile phone. There is an email club with deals delivered right to your account. There are plenty of menus that come with each order filled with coupons promising even more pizza and pasta. This spot knows its niche; it’s mainly a carry-out and pizza delivery business, so it aims to make that experience as easy and painless as possible.
In all it’s not a place where you’ll find a lot of surprises but at the same time I think that’s exactly the appeal it has. A place where food is convenient and prices are inexpensive. All in all, a positive experience.
- There are 25 “gourmet” pizzas, which are a great place to start looking at the menu. Delivery is what brings people back, and pizza is the main thing sold here.
- Ordering is very easy, and can be done online or via mobile phone. Coupons can also be found in an email club and on menus.
- If you’re not feeling pizza, there are also options for pasta and sandwiches.