397 West Broad St.
Columbus, OH 43215
The Spaghetti Warehouse is a small chain that has trickled into the Midwest and South since being founded in Dallas in 1972. It’s a particularly unique concept too; usually set up in a very industrial-feeling space, you set foot inside the expansive restaurant and find yourself surrounded by classic memorabilia, a trolley to dine in, and altogether a very homey feel. Live music permeates the are in the evenings and the former warehouse altogether gives off something of a gritty, genuine vibe. The Italian specialties within are good.
The spot has some fantastic food. Among the options:
- Manicotti: A much-loved Italian tradition, this one stuffed with four kinds of cheese. It’s deliciously served with a two-sauce combo, a white cheese-based sauce on one side and a tomato pesto on the other. The cheeses inside the pasta make for a fresh and very sharp taste that adds some really good herbs too.
- Caesar salad: A classic, this salad is served with a dressing a little heavier on the oil and cheese to make for a richer appetizer. I like the snap of that cheese to go with the crisp lettuce and crunchy croutons.
- Chili Spaghetti: Its heavy on the chili powder and that’s where all the flavor comes from. A little onion, and a little cheese. Going to remind you of Cincinnati chili but not quite.
Altogether the restaurant chain has a pretty good experience; the food is good, the concept is nice and the food is all in all pretty affordable. A place like this deals with a lot of different kinds of people and tastes coming through its doors. In that way, I can’t speak to the service aspect in every location, all of the time, but I personally never had a problem with any one being difficult or rude.
That said, Spaghetti Warehouse definitely has a mass appeal to it, and so it brings in an older crowd to be sure. Make sure you get a reservation, but it’s worth a try.
- The place is good for large groups, but I would definitely recommend reservations if you take that route.
- I enjoyed the manicotti, but altogether there are a lot of less expensive lunch pasta options. Altogether, an inexpensive experience.
- There are several dining options, like the “feast” of a few different kinds of pasta, which are especially good for groups.