The spot has a small but sweet menu of barbecued goodies. Here are the must-try options:
- Barbecue ribs: Full ribs cooked fall-off-the-bone tender. A little bit more cooked than your average barbecue restaurant, but they’re also dipped in sauce to give that extra bit of flavor. I recommend these with one of the spicier variates of sauce, the bit of kick adds something unique here.
- Pulled pork sandwich: A hearty portion of chopped pulled pork on a sandwich topped with a very creamy cole slaw and some thick-cut pickles. The slaw and pickles add some crunch to the dish, and I highly recommend you give it a try with some sweeter sauce. Love that soft pork!
- Sauces: There are four basic sauces you have to try: Smokin’ nectar (smokey but relatively sweet), Jalapeno raspberry (fruity), Stinger sauce (my personal favorite, about a medium heat) and African killer bee (very spicy).
The truck pops up around town, at food truck rallies pretty commonly and also pretty regularly at Buckeye Harley-Davidson on North Dixie Drive in Dayton. Wherever you spot the place, though, you’ll likely find some good local beer to be tried too. I highly recommend you give the food here a try. It’s a definite nod to the Midwestern-style backyard barbecue, but the added charm of sauces sweetened with local honey gives it a real unique flavor that will keep me coming back.
- The truck is most commonly found at Buckeye Harley-Davidson on North Dixie Drive in Dayton. But it does frequent a lot of food truck festivals and events. Check its Facebook for updates.
- Give a try to the sauces, they’re sweetened with local honey which gives them a different allure than other kinds of barbecue.
- The pulled pork sandwich is what I’d try first.