A newer concept which has recently opened at The Greene shopping center in Beavercreek, east of Dayton, Cork Wine & Dine is the resident wine bar of the development, and offers a variety of light cuisine to go along with an extensive selection of wines of all vintages and nationalities. Newcomers to wine and connoisseurs alike are apt to find a pleasant evening in the warmly lit, classy interior of Cork. The food which goes along with it is pretty good, so you may quickly find this quiet little concept growing on you.
Among the menu items:
- Burrata Burger: An Angus burger cooked to order, and topped with some exceptional flavors, including browned onions, burrata cheese and arugula. The beef is juicy and the cheese melts just a little atop it, providing just a hint of saltiness to go with the sweet onions. And the arugula provides good texture. In all, a great burger.
- Char-Grilled Chicken: Cilantro and a sriracha lime aioli top this delicious dish, which tops pilaf rice and snap peas. Delicious!
- Grilled Chicken Pesto Flatbread: A flatbread with basil pesto, Alfredo sauce, Parmesan and caramelized onions. Simple, great.
- Truffled Mushroom Flatbread: A delight if you like mushrooms. Plenty of them top the dish, with Havarti, mozzarella and provolone rounding out the great dish.
- Hummus plate: The hummus itself is good, some spices give it a bit of a kick, and it’s served with chopped vegetables and a few grilled pita slices. The hummus is great, and it makes for a nice light appetizer for a few people.
- Cupcake: The cupcake is a thick, crumbly cake topped with a light frosting, vanilla on vanilla. I’m not a fan, the texture of a heavy cupcake with light frosting sort of clashes, and the icing is just sweet on sweet. Needs something to thicken it up and add more flavor.
The restaurant has a warm, welcoming interior, literally brimming with wine corks and a lot of different bottles. There is a wine bar where people can congregate for a drink, a more intimate back area for groups, and even some secluded space to enjoy. It’s a very comfortable place to enjoy a drink.
Cork is actually a small chain of wine bars with three locations around Ohio, but the friendly little concept is hard to pass up, especially with its friendly interior. It’s definitely a place for groups and couples to enjoy a little time together in a low-lit and romantic setting, even with a very friendly staff. Ohioans like their wine, but they like classy places to enjoy it too. Cork is definitely one of those.
- The menu has a great mix of wines, at different prices, and of course some very good flights to try for a reasonable price.
- If you don’t like the wines, in fact you can give a try to the craft beer menu. A lot of local brews to be had!
- Also, if you’re feeling some food, there are small dishes to snack on and full meals to enjoy.