Demos has a few locations around Nashville, it’s been a popular purveyor of Italian cuisine for quite some time. With its wide variety of delicious steaks, pasta and seafood available at relatively reasonable prices, this is a nice semi-casual place where you’ll find plenty of families and large groups feasting on delicious dishes on a cheap dime. The real charm of Demo’s is it’s such a people-friendly place; it’s always warm here, the service is always exemplary, and all in all the founding family did its job well; there’s an unmistakably contagious good mood that pervades this place as I come back year after year.
The mainstays of all good Italian restaurants, the pasta dishes are fantastic.
- Fresh Italian sausage spaghetti: topped with a very delicious sweet ragout sauce and topped with meatballs or Italian sausage, maybe you’re in the mood for Alfredo Any option for this pasta is delicious. If you’re in the mood for a good cut of meat, the options are pretty good there, too.
- Cheeseburger: A good beef patty, cooked well done and served on a thick cut of bread and topped with cheese of your choice. This burger comes simple but it’s good.
- Sirloin medallions: A nice cut of steak, though it could have used a little more seasoning.
- Grilled tilapia: tilapia tasted a little bit like it was cooked too near to the other steaks. Still, the food is good, and it’s cooked well. So it’s easy to enjoy.
- Chicken Santa Fe: which was a grilled chicken covered in cheese, Cajun sauce and some tomatoes and veggies, which was great. There are a few items with a distinctly southwest tinge on the menu.
- Salads: are good, there are a number of house dressings which go well on them, but they’re made of bagged lettuce, so there’s that.
- I’ve had problems with the steamed vegetables, too. Even such a simple menu item, but they’re under-steamed at times.
Really, what has always set Demo’s apart has been the exemplary service. I’ve been visiting the Hendersonville location intermittently since it first opened, and every time there’s been a contagious friendliness in the air. The people here genuinely go out of their way to make you feel welcome and valued as a customer. Each table has a calling card for the owner to let you know where the buck really stops as far as service, and I would be amazed if it ever saw extensive use. I always leave Demo’s in a good mood. I don’t know that I can say that about very many other places.
- There’s sort of a quirk here about reservations: You can reserve a table for a group, but even if some of your party comes on time, they won’t seat you until all members of your group are in the restaurant. You’ll need to remember that.
- Try the pasta dishes or the steaks first, they’re outstanding.
- This might be very hard, but try not to fill up on that great cheesy bread they serve as an appetizer. The food always seems to come quickly!